Sunday, July 13, 2008

Ready and Waiting

So 2 months after we finishing painting the kids room. I am finally finished with all my sewing projects and the room is finished, and waiting for the new addition to lay in the crib. This was my first time sewing any of these projects and with no patterns just looking at Cohen's old stuff and trial and error I think they turned out pretty well. I made the curtains, the blankets for there beds, the pillows, the crib skirt and crib bumper. Now if you've never worked with thermal material which I hadn't don't it is harder than I can even begin to explain. The best part of this whole thing is that Cohen is in love with his blanket and can't sleep without it, he even brings it in our room in the middle of the night. So I can only hope that this little girl enjoys it as much has Cohen seems to.

I also made this baby bed that I think is adorable. I can take with me when we go to other peoples houses and it is just perfect for her to sleep in for the first 6 months or so Cohen loved his. So sorry it took me so long but here is our finished project. ENJOY!

2 comments:

chel wakley said...

WOW Tor, you are amazing. It looks so darling. I did't know you were such a little sewer.. For sure let us know when the baby is here so we can come see.

Jamie said...

Oh...cute! I wish I could be a stay at home mommy, then we could do play dates and have lunch sometimes! ,':o)
Maybe one day I will get lucky and pop out a little one. Good job on your crafty-ness! I am impressed!