Monday, November 10, 2008

Haydin Had A Mullet

So this weekend Haydin got her first haircut and I almost started crying. Her hair was starting to look really bad it was about 4inches in the back and 4inches on the top and sides but at her crown area it was only about 1inch long so she totally looked like she had a mullet. I tried to think of all the ways I could to cut it that I wouldn't have to cut it all off and still have it grow out nicely but nothing was coming to mind. I had always told my mom that if I ever had a little girl I would just shave her head so that the baby fine stuff would be gone and so it would grow in nice and thick but now that it comes down to it I can't do it. I never thought I'd have kids born with so much hair. Finally it came to the time that I just couldn't put it off anymore so off it went and now I keep saying to myself what have I done and thank goodness that headbands are in for babies and Haydin doesn't mind much. but I know that it grows back and in the end her hair will looks better, the mullet is gone, and it will grow in thicker now. But I'm still crushed. Take a look here are the before, during, and after pics.

During :


After :)
At least now it's all the same length.






2 comments:

chel wakley said...

I am going to do the same thing with my babies. I can't blame you at all.

Annie said...

i love the hair cut.... She is as cute as ever. I LOVE IT>>>>